The following is a letter from Pastor Brian with RiverStone Church’s guidelines for reopening safely during this phase of COVID-19:
“I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go the house of the Lord.” Psalm 122:1
The long-awaited day appears to be in sight. We will gather in the sanctuary June 28 at 10:00 a.m., to worship our glorious and mighty God and Savior, Jesus Christ, in the Holy Spirit. Much planning has been done to prepare for our return.
Given the environment and circumstances, we cannot return in a manner to which we are accustomed. Much will be the same. A good deal will be different. What follows is intended to inform you so that you can know what to expect for the first several Sundays we gather. Please follow the guidelines and procedures in a spirit of charity. These are present for your safety as well as that of others. Please note there have been a few changes to the previous notice.
- While it has been a long time since we have seen many of our Christian friends, please do not stand in the Lobby and visit. Visitation, other than at your seat in the Sanctuary, may occur outside while practicing social distancing.
- The Lobby and Atrium will not have tables, chairs, or refreshments for the first several Sundays. Drinking fountains will not be serviceable. There will not be any documents on the Information Wall.
- We will not have nursery, Children’s Church, or Sunday morning Life Groups in our facility until September. It is suggested that if you want to meet in-person, you might arrange to do so at a local restaurant some other time during the week. In this way, our witness can be extended to the community and a help to the recovery of businesses hurt by the close down.
SAFETY / HYGIENE
- The Reopening Task Force prefers that attendees wear masks. Masks will be available.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be at entrances; alcohol wipes will be available for disinfecting hearing aid devices.
- Restrooms in the Lobby area will available on an emergency basis with a one-person limit. There will be signs at the doors indicating whether they are occupied.
ENTERING & EXITING BUILDING, TRAFFIC FLOW
- East and West doors will open about 9:30 and remain open until 10:15. You may enter from either one, however, go directly to the sanctuary upon entrance.
- Seating in the Sanctuary will be arranged to facilitate social distancing. Please be seated where there is an empty cushion (no seating in pews without cushions), starting at the front and then fill-in toward the back.
- All Stairways and the elevator will be closed to access, as the basement, second floor, gym, kitchen in gym, Kidz First rooms and their hallway will be restricted from access.
- Announcements will not be handed out; they will be shared verbally during worship and sent out with the weekly email update. If you would like to receive this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the email distribution list.Prayer
- Request Cards and Offering Envelopes will be available in the pews. Please wait until you are dismissed from service to place completed cards and offerings in their respective receptacles on the table in the foyer as you are exiting.
- The Lord’s Supper, or Holy Communion, will be celebrated with pre-packaged communion sets. Further direction will be given in the worship service.
- After service, each row will be dismissed, one at a time, with everyone exiting through the West sanctuary doors, at which time you may place your prayer requests and offerings in their boxes on foyer table.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office, (505)327-0363 or email me at email@example.com. I am looking forward to worshiping together again!
Pastor Brian Adams